Audubon built its new manufacturing facility on a remediated Brownfield site and implemented measures in accordance with the LEED ® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) guidelines in order to obtain its Green Building status from the US Green Building Council. These measures included using recycled materials and installing highly energy efficient systems with consideration for ergonomic and environmental quality. The newly certified building is one of only four in Western New York, and it is the first factory in New York State to obtain this designation. Audubon President Joseph McMahon had this to say, “We are extremely pleased to receive this award. It’s something that we have worked on for the last year and a half, since the original design concepts were being considered. We’re thrilled with the low energy consumption of the building and the excellent work environment it provides our employees.” The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) provided incentive awards totaling over $350,000 to Audubon to assist in obtaining this certification.
- Audubon Machinery Corp. Closed For Thanksgiving Holiday
- Audubon Receives Green Manufacturing Award
- Audubon Machinery Corporation Acquires Roe Bio- Medical Products
- Audubon Machinery Announces Certification As A Veteran Owned Small Business
- Audubon Machinery Corporation Meets Job Creation Target Early